[mythtv-users] UDev rules for Dual Tuner Cards

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Apr 4 08:40:20 UTC 2010

On 4 Apr 2010, at 09:13, Andre wrote:

> On 4 Apr 2010, at 06:46, Steven Ellis wrote:
>
>> I'm having some issues getting a UDEV rule to work correctly for a
>> Hauppauge HVR-2200 card. My box has multiple DVB T + S cards and I want
>> to make sure they get mapped to the same device numbers on each boot.
>
> There is another way, most of the v4l-dvb modules have a option parameter to specify the adapter numbers, for example:
>
> I have a /etc/modprobe.d/SatixS2.conf  file containing:
>
> options ngene adapter_nr=10,11
>
> Then you need to depmod and rebuild initrd so that the correct options are set on boot, for Ubuntu the easiest way is:
>
> dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.31-20-generic
>
> or similar.
>
> modinfo modulename will tell you if your adaptor's module supports the adapter_nr parameter.

Just checked (it's raining out) and:

root at sayfair:/home/andre# modinfo saa7164
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.31-20-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7164/saa7164.ko
license:        GPL
author:         Steven Toth <stoth at kernellabs.com>
srcversion:     1F4BCC26D2D3BC0BBCFADB7
alias:          pci:v00001131d00007164sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
depends:        dvb-core,tveeprom
vermagic:       2.6.31-20-generic SMP mod_unload modversions 586
parm:           adapter_nr:DVB adapter numbers (array of short)
parm:           waitsecs:int
parm:           debug:enable debug messages (int)
parm:           card:card type (array of int)
root at sayfair:/home/andre#

So

options saa7164 adapter_nr=170,171

Should do what you want.