[mythtv-users] Extracting PID info from mythtv's mpg files

Thomas Mørch tmorch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 20:19:17 UTC 2010

I have tried using projectx to demux an mpeg file recorded by myth. That
works fine as long as I use the gui of projectx.

I'm now trying to make a more automated process, where I grab cutpoints from
the database, demux/cut the mpeg with projectx, and then merge the files
back again using mkvmerge.

So far I have it partially done, I can extract cutlists, and import them to
projectx.

Now I want to only demux the audio tracks that I need, so somehow I need to
figure out what PID the different audio tracks is on in the mpeg file that
mythtv saves.

So is there a tool available, that can list all the PIDs in a single mpeg-ts
file as stored by myth?

/ Thomas