[mythtv-users] cannot grab television metadata

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 12:27:14 UTC 2010

Round 2:

I ran 'make uninstall' in myththemes, mythplugins and mythtv. I then deleted all the mythtv folders under /usr/include /usr/lib and reinstalled mythtv with the /usr/local prefix instead of the /usr I was using until now.

The problem remains.

cd'ing to  /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/Movie and running tmdb.py gives:

The subdirectory "tmdb" containing the modules tmdb_api.py (v0.1.3 or greater), tmdb_ui.py,
tmdb_exceptions.py must have been installed with the MythTV python bindings.
Error:(No module named tmdb.tmdb_api)

for the Television script, ttvdb.py, I get:

The modules tvdb_api.py (v1.0.0 or greater), tvdb_ui.py, tvdb_exceptions.py and cache.py.
They should have been installed along with the MythTV python bindings.
Error:(No module named ttvdb.tvdb_ui)

I guess there is some python "path" misconfiguration on my system. Can someone tell me how to correct this? Am I wrong in this assumption?