[mythtv-users] Can't get mythbackend working under 10.6.3

Zachary Scholz zachary.scholz at me.com
Fri Apr 2 06:50:46 UTC 2010

I joined the user forum a bit late to reply to the original posting by Kremels - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/429231#429231

I also cannot get MythBackend working on my mac mini on 10.6.3.  I tried with the latest prebuilt backend version - no joy.  I tried building a version locally - r23912 (release-0-23-fixes) "perl osx-packager.pl -m32 -enable-backend" ...also no joy.

I'm not sure what to do...

I have read and understand http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/426828 and the solution posted at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7582, but that solution IS included in the build that is currently failing on my system - with the same error.

It appeared that when it was fixed in r23099, it didn't do the trick...as it was discovered again on 3 March.

Has anyone on 10.6.x been able to run osx-packager.pl on ANY version and have it successfully launch MythBackend?

I am attempting with an "older" build version - different branch this time just for fun...

"perl osx-packager.pl -m32 -svnrev 23893 -enable-backend"

I'm really new to mythtv - a friend pointed me there, but he's running a ubantu release...and just bought an HD Homerun to fire my cable provider, so I'd really like to get this working...

HELP! :)

Zach