[mythtv-users] Cannot delete some recorded programs after upgrading to 0.22-fixes SOLVED

James R. Van Zandt jrvz at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 01:35:28 UTC 2010

On 11/15/2009 04:08 PM, TJ Harris wrote:
> When I try to delete recordings with 0.22-fixes, they disappear
> briefly, but then show up again when the screen is refreshed.
> This is true of both the "Watch Recordings" screen and Mythweb.

I've had the same problem.  There were a dozen or so programs I could
not delete. Today I checked out the files in

  /var/lib/mythtv/recordings

For each program, there was a big .mpg file and one or two .png
thumbnail files.  I noticed all the recent files were owned by mythtv
(the same userid that mythtv-frontend runs under), while others were
owned by saned or root.  Displaying the thumbnails, I found that the
programs I couldn't delete were the ones NOT owned by mythtv.  The one
line fix is:

  sudo  chown mythtv /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/*.mpg*

                Jim Van Zandt