[mythtv-users] VBI CC not an option on remote frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 1 03:52:29 UTC 2010

On 03/31/2010 11:11 PM, Bob wrote:
> Good suggestion, but that option is active for the remote frontend.
> Also, pressing "T" while the program is playing on the remote frontend
> indicates "No Captions".

Basically, shut down all your MythTV programs (all frontends and
backends on all hosts), then do:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg \
       -e "DELETE FROM settings WHERE value = 'VbiFormat';"

Then start mythtv-setup on any (one) machine, then set the "VBI format"
to the proper value for your source material (NTSC Closed Caption for
NTSC/ATSC or PAL Teletext for PAL/DVB) in General Settings on the 2nd
page or so ("Locale Settings").  Then restart your system and try things
(and please let us know if this fixed it).

I think you have a corrupted DB where you have a host-specific setting
that's supposed to be global.

Mike