[mythtv-users] Problem playing some 5.1 audio.

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Apr 1 01:21:38 UTC 2010

> > I don't with AAC and I haven't tried since the latest ffmpeg resync
> >

> Actually, the issue is probably only in libfaad ; recompiles without
> the --use-libfaad flag...
>
> Mythbuntu should probably stop running configure with --with-libfaad
>
> that would fix the problem

It doesn't look like they are using libfaad... I would expect to see it in
the output below if they had:

$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 23884
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100314-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libudev using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

Do you know what version of ffmpeg introduced the resync... so I can confirm
that I have at least that version?