[mythtv-users] Cannot watch Live TV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 30 20:51:50 UTC 2009

On 09/30/2009 04:31 PM, Chris Jones wrote:

> I have a “working” install of MythTV 0.21 on Fedora 11. Well, it is
> working to the extent that I have successfully scanned the Freeview
> data (again today), giving me what looks a sensible Channel table.
> However, when I try to select the “Watch TV” option in MythFrontend, I
> get a null response, and the output in the mythbackend.log is as follows:-
>
> 2009-09-30 21:17:44.035 TVRec(4): Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
>
> 2009-09-30 21:17:44.042 GetChannelData() failed because it could not
>
> find channel number 'Please add' in DB for source '1'.

> Can anyone tell me from the log what may be wrong with my setup?
>
> When I look at the Channel table in Mythconverg, every record has a
> ‘1’ in the source field.

mythtv-setup, Input Connections, then for /each/ defined input, modify
Starting Channel. Note, though, that since the value stored in the DB
is, "'Please add" (the truncated to fit in the column version of "Please
add channels to this source"), you'll likely need to, er, add channels
to the source.

See, also, the video sources portion of:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Mike