[mythtv-users] Question

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 30 19:31:57 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 1:41 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Question

2009/9/30 Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz>:

> Did same using a 9400GT with same result, except that one is still running 190.25.

No way a 9400GT would do Advanced 2X on HD content...
same with 8500GT

That's what I expected....  and why I posted....

With the below what I did was this:

<      W: 1920 H: 720, decoder: VDPAU, renderer: VDPAU, Deinterlacer: Advanced 2X
>=    W: 0 H: 720, decoder: VDPAU, renderer: VDPAU, Deinterlacer: Temporal 2X <<<<= simply changed to Advanced 2x.

The wiki seems to suggest if you push it too far you'll get picture "stuttering".  I am seeing smooth as silk images on 1080i.
I understand 720p will make little difference and that is what I also see.

Can anyone point to a good 1080i test clip for this?

Have you tried it with latest drivers JYA?