[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:10:50 UTC 2009

2009/9/30 Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com>:

> - Has no-one already done this?  Or will anyone want it if I do it?
>
> - Are the changes today so significant that I'll be wasting my timeš?

I hacked up a perl script to find the differences between and old and
new channels.conf (less any of the shopping channels). Here are the
findings (name:mux_freq:serviceid):

Channels only in old scan:
  FIVE:682166670:12866
  ITV2 +1:746000000:27072
  ITV3:658166670:8294
  ITV4:658166670:8353

Channels only in new scan:
  FIVE:658166670:8500
  ITV:658166670:8362
  ITV3:682166670:16048
  ITV4:746000000:28032
  QUEST:682166670:14498

This data is from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter, but I think the
serviceids are fairly static across the country for these channels. I
updated the DB by hand (changed 8 values for FIVE/ITV channels and
added Quest, using phpMyAdmin) and all is well again.

FIVE is now on the same mux as Channel 4
ITV2 +1 is now on the same mux as Channel 4
ITV3 is now on the same mux as Virgin 1
ITV4 is now on the same mux as Film4
Quest is on the same mux as Virgin 1

Note that in the new scan, ITV2 +1 was picked up as "ITV" - this will
hopefully get corrected in time. I checked all channels in LiveTV
earlier, and all play normally.

Cheers,
Nick

--