[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 15:07:24 UTC 2009

> 2009/9/30 mat <mat at lessermatters.co.uk>:
>> Can I do this remotely?
>
> It's possible,although a little more involved.
>
> i) You could run ssh with X forwarding to run mythtv-setup remotely
> using the channel scanner, or

Hmm, that's the question I should've asked - do I need X to do this. to
which, the answer seem like "yes"

> ii) You could run dvbscan with your transmitter config file to get
> your new channel settings, and use mythweb to update your affected
> channels.

Hmm, never been down that road - think I'll stick to X

> Take a DB backup either way...

Darn, really? Do you think the chances of things going wrong are high?
My system#'s been workign lovely for AGES now (well the myth part anyway)
- I don't like to disturb it.