[mythtv-users] HDPVR audio out of sync in 5.1 AC-3 mode

Oz ozdror at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 30 03:46:05 UTC 2009

Hi

I was rushing too soon to say that the problem is solved.
The problem came back the next day.

I turned the HDPVR off and then on. The problem disappeared for one day
then came back. I turned it on and off  again the problem disappeared
and came back
the next day. Somethings happed during the night to the HDPVR box. This
problem is only in AC3/Dolby mode. It is OK in AAC/PCM mode.

May be there is a buffer in the HDPVR that is overloaded, and then
clears when pressing on/off.

I have ubuntu 9.04 that does not support frequency scaling ( does 9.10
support it?)

Any other ideas how to solve the problem.

My CPU is quad core 2.4Ghz with 4 GB of ram. I have Nvidia 8600 gts.
When using VPDAU I have very low cpu usage.

Any other ideas how to solve the problem.

-Oz