[mythtv-users] Problems after changeing MythTV's IP address

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Tue Sep 29 23:23:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:59 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 09/29/2009 11:02 AM, David Segall wrote:
>>
>> I changed the IP address of my MythTV (don't ask!).
>>
>> I have managed to to get the front end to start and it shows a list of
>> recordings but trying to play them causes the the front end to hang. The
>> same thing happens if I try to watch live TV. Some menu items work as
>> expected but give me depressing news such as "No recordings scheduled".
>> Is there an obvious fault? Is there some more information that would help
>> locate the problem?
>
> mythtv-setup (on /all/ hosts) and verify the backend IP Address under
> General settings.

Per other threads on this list I was under the impression that
mythtv-setup was to be run ONLY on backends, and has no settings
relevant to frontends.  Is this not the case?

If not, which settings are global, which are machine specific, which
are relevant to a frontend, etc?