[mythtv-users] 0.22 MythVideo slow first time cover art displays

Andrew Barbaccia andrew.barbaccia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:43:19 UTC 2009

I've been noticing a performance issue with trunk on all my boxes including
my desktop which is a core 2 duo with 4GB of ram (should be sufficient).

The navigation with MythVideo seems to hesitate for ~2 seconds when moving
between items on occasion. I've narrowed this down to happening only when
the metadata has recently been updated. I'm guessing it has something to do
with image scaling / caching, because after the first initial pause, it
doesn't happen again.

Is this repeatable for other users?

If this is from resolution-specific image caching, can we create an option
to cache them all in a batch job so that the user experience is smoother? Or
possibly implement a progress bar and letting the user know what is
happening?

This will def need some dev input down the road, but I left this off the
-dev list for now since I haven't isolated the problem to be beyond my setup
just yet.

Regards,
Andrew