[mythtv-users] Shortcut to change audio preferences (AC3 passthrough)

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:38:27 UTC 2009

Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to quickly turn AC3
passthrough on or off?

I quite frequently toggle this setting because I use AC3 passthrough when
I'm watching something with my surround sound.  However, my amp won't output
stereo preamp when it gets a spdif signal in.  This means I need analog
stereo audio from my computer when I want to use my TV speakers or
headphones.

Currently, the WAF is pretty low when I have to
esc,esc,up,enter,enter,enter,enter,enter,up,up,up,up,enter,down,down,down,down....(you
get the point) to make the change.

I wish this was a option from the OSD menu, or a property I could toggle
with a remote button.

Any suggestions?  (And don't suggest a scripted custom mysql change unless
you are prepared to help me write it ;)  )