[mythtv-users] mounting windows 7 drives in myth

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:56:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Yianni Vidalis
<yiannividalis at hotmail.com> wrote:

>        <81facc980909272215w69488327we8def11edf772fd8 at mail.gmail.com>
>

>  <a6ecfbaa0909272222t360ef917v745a985a4bf14eaa at mail.gmail.com>
>

> Hi.
>
> I think your problem is that you are trying to access a network share using a blank password account. There is a setting under Network and Sharing Center where you should explicitly set that you want to allow such access (windows won't normally allow you to connect without a password). Or, you could create another windows account, WITH a password, and connect using that.
>
> Yianni.

I tried creating a test account, name test and password test and have
this in fstab:
//192.168.1.104/demo   /share                   cifs
users,rw,username='test',password='test',dirmode=0777,filemode=0777 0
0

I have a share on my hard drive (the computer is at the ip
192.168.1.104) named demo.  I created a folder on my windows box (at
the ip 192.168.1.104) named demo, shared it and made sure it has the
same name.  Added a user named test with a password test and gave that
user full access via share to the folder.  I still get the same error.
 Am I supposed to use some other syntax for the username (like
specifying the workgroup or something)?