[mythtv-users] Upgrade Mythbuntu to latest nvidia drivers

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 03:00:06 UTC 2009

2009/9/28 Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>:

> From this it looks like I am install mythtv .21 parts and removing .22 parts.
>
> What am I missing, how do i get just nvidia 190 and mplayer-vdpau.

You need to use the "testing" repository.
However, my 0.22/trunk packages are built against 180.x drivers.

so you have to make a choice for the time being.
Use 0.21-fixes with 190
or 0.22/trunk with 180.

Note that once people packages nvidia drivers like nVidia say we
should (should be linked to a libvdpau that isn't itself linked to any
drivers), those issues will be gone.
You will be able to install any mythtv ubuntu packages with any nvidia drivers.

I was thinking of already creating nvidia/vdpau packages that way, but
it would break the compatibility with existing ubuntu packages ... Not
sure I want to do that yet