[mythtv-users] Can anyone tell me why Ticket 6382 has been closed?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sun Sep 27 19:52:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 2:23 PM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why Ticket 6382
> (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6382) has been closed apart from
> "patch missing"?
>
> It is a bug from my point of view but it says patch missing now after
> 6 months sitting their.  Usually "feature requests" are cleared out
> much quicker than that.
>
> I think it is about time someone posts details on when something is
> considered a bug and when something is considered a "feature request
> or whatever"?
>
> What is the point people spending time posting details of bugs if they
> are just ignored for 6 months and then just decided that the bug is
> actually how it is supposed to work or is a feature request?
>
> I do not know how a recording not starting when it should start can be
> classed as anything else other than a bug - quite a fundamental thing
> for a HTPC!
>
> I get it I have no right to demand someone to fix the problem but I am
> a bit disheartened as time has been spent reporting the problem it
> shouldn't just get thrown out to be forgotten the way it has been.
>
> It puts me off reporting further bugs - I will just leave it to
> someone else to waste their time!

Usually when bugs are closed that way, the stance of the developers it
that it currently functions as intended - even if the behavior is not
completely ideal.  I obviously don't know the details on this bug, but
just to make a wild generalization, perhaps it isn't trivial to do
this... hence the current behavior is "as intended."

As for time-delay - all I can say is that there are plenty of bug
reports that are even older than this one.  It's easy to overlook it.
Or perhaps they didn't over look it, but instead it is lower priority
and it took until now to find time to look into it and verify it is
indeed "as intended."

Just my theories,

   Marc