[mythtv-users] XvMC & Myth 0.22 frontend connecting to Myth 0.21 backend

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 20:41:11 UTC 2009

Hi There,

I have looked in the wiki and elsewhere (mythbuntu) but cant find a
definitive answer. Will a 0.22 frontend connect successfully to a
0.21-fixes backend?

I have a Via SP13000 based frontend that only works under MythDora5 so
far properly (requires Via XvMC) due to a bug with XvMC I understand.
I think this bug has been fixed in 0.22 or the libraries that support
the later distributions.

I intend to run this off a USB drive for silent operation.

So, two questions
 - Is XvMC for Via fixed in Karmic Alpha6?
 - will 0.22 connect to a 0.21 backend?

Has anyone else got experience of setting this up - although I am not
expecting to need help if it is fairly straight forward.

Thanks in advance