[mythtv-users] Zotac ION + HD-PVR 1212: FE/Master BE or FE/Slave BE?

Eric N sheed03 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 00:57:01 UTC 2009

> Hello,
>
> I have been running my master backend from the beginning of 0.21
> without any capture device and hadn't any problem since.
> My master backend is a VIA C2[at]466 Mhz with 256 Mb of ram : It doesn't
> run any commflag or transcode but numbers of services like dhcp, tftp,
> nfs, MBE, mysql...

> hope this help
> Guillaume

Guillaume, have you had any issues with the master BE (in particular
the mysql database) after setting it up without a capture device?  Did
you need to set up a "dummy" capture device like in previous versions
of Myth?  I hope it is easy to tell the master BE about any capture
devices connected to a slave BE while not needing any capture device
connected to the master BE, and not have a bunch of errors with the
database or the other functions specific to the master BE.

Eric