[mythtv-users] Is NVIDIA worth the bother?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:32:21 UTC 2009

> And none of that changes the fact that they are non-Free.
>
> If you care about Free Software and the philosophy behind it, this is
> a very significant downside.

My office is a few doors down from Richard Stallman's. He frequently
reminds me of the importance of and definition of "free". He even
interrupted a party to remind us that the "Happy Birthday" song is
copyrighted and sang us an alternate version of his own making that he
said we could use freely. As I recall it had something about dying in
there. Personally I like open source but am not passionate about it.
My thinking is #1 does it work? Then #2 is it open source? Mythtv does
both so that is great.