[mythtv-users] MythWeb from outside my lan (from internet)

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 14:50:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Jason Sullivan <jason0x21 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Bear in mind that portscanners are out there looking for webservers on
> port 80, so the likelyhood of someone coming across this is actually
> pretty high.  You might want to consider putting a password on your
> webserver.
>
> --
> Jason Sullivan
> jason0x21 at gmail.com

Another method is to forward a different port to local port 80, say
external:7654->192.168.0.4:80. This is the method I use and haven't seen any
unauthorized access (I also use a password, don't use this as your only
security!). This will also defeat any port blocking on port 80 that your ISP
may be implementing. Of course your router must support this kind of
forwarding, I use dd-wrt and it works a treat.
--Justin Johnson