[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

leifontheroad leifontheroad at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:16:01 UTC 2009

> Oh! I'm having that problem, too. .22 seems to fix it, but you don't know how?

Nope, I'm really not sure what the root cause of this one is (I forgot to mention Xorg in my post above as a reasonable suspect). I've been following this thread for months and the confusing thing about the issue is that the true fix is still unknown. Some have reported that simply turning off the gnome screensaver solved the problem, some said that turning "UseEvents" on in the Xorg.conf worked, others reported success with Josh's patch, other posts indicated that Josh's patch may not address the root cause.

FWIW, I'm now running X.Org X Server 1.6.0 (not sure what I was running before, I actually did a whole apt-get upgrade, so a lot changed).