[mythtv-users] Hosed Database?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Sep 23 10:12:22 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Michael T. Dean
>>
>> Under "Basic Usage" after all the warnings about how you probably
>> shouldn't run it without the --link option.
>
> perhaps that should be the default then? (I know its probably "user"
> rather than "dev" written, but it does seem to be distributed with
> most myth systems). Theres just no accounting for the eagerness of
> people to run commands to see what they do, rather than reading the
> source, or the wiki, or anything else.

I would suggest adjusting the script so that one *has* to give it an option, say
either "--link" or "--change" (or something) to run properly, and without one or
the other it would just give you the "--help" options. That would ensure we
don't get posts like the OP's which turn up here about every 3 months or so.

Personally, I'd split the script into two, one for each job.

--

Mike Perkins