[mythtv-users] Help w/DB error with mythrename since adding .avi's into Recordings

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 03:53:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Bobby Gill <brownitus at gmail.com> wrote:

>> "IS" is only valid as a comparison operator for the "NULL" special value.
>> Otherwise, use a simple good old "=" sign:
>>
>>    select * from recorded where chanid = 44;
>>
>> --
>> Mike Holden
>>

> Thanks Mike, well I got all of them to show up in the shell now. however I'm
> at the mysql> prompt and for fear due to noobness with mysql I will go ahead
> and ask exactly how I alter the chanid for all these. I just did select *
> from recorded where chanid = 44;.

It depends on which field you'd like to update.  For example, you
mention that you want all records with chanid='44' to be changed to
chanid='1042'.  That query would be:

mysql> UPDATE recorded SET chanid='1042' WHERE chanid='44';

This will change ALL chanid fields to '1042' where the were '44'.
More information on SQL can be found here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/index.html

Enjoy!

--
Joe Ripley