[mythtv-users] Very poor picture quality from HD3000

Deyan mythtv at bektchiev.net
Wed Sep 23 00:52:12 UTC 2009

This may or may not be true for you but after upgrading my backend in July I
found a similar issue that I could not explain although some channels were
better than others.

The culprit turned out to be bad grounding on some of the power outlets that
was being pushed back through the tuner (I had ~ 60V difference between
neutral and ground) to the cable system (again Comcast in the Bay Area).

After I fixed the grounding issue the problem mostly stopped but by then I
think something was wrong with the tuner so I replaced it.

I don't know when or how the problem first happened and if the upgrade had
anything to do with it but this was when I first noticed any issues with
channels. The whole time though my TV and Cable box connected to the same
splitter did not have any problems with any of the problematic channels.

HTH
--dejan