[mythtv-users] MythWeb Listings - strange date

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 23:04:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Joe Ripley <vitaminjoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Just a thought, is your master backend's date set correctly?  Are you using
>>> ntp to set the time?
>>>
>>> On the status page, machine information, what date is shown on the line that
>>> starts:
>>>
>>> "Last mythfilldatabase run started on "
>>>
>>> -Drew
>>
>> Hi Drew,
>>   Yes, the system date is correct. It shows up correctly on the
>> MythWeb backend status page, it shows up correctly using date in a
>> terminal. It's only wrong on the Listings page, and then only in the
>> upper left corner where you attempt to jump to a new date and time.
>> This same page has the right date at the top left where it says:
>> "Currently Browsing: Mon Sep 21, 2009, 04:45 PM". Granted, that date
>> is probably jsut where the database is pointing at list data and not a
>> real date, but it always matches when it 'should' be in the sense that
>> it's right now and what I want to say. It's just the box at the right
>> which is totally hosed.
>>
>> MacMini ~ # date
>> Mon Sep 21 16:48:20 PDT 2009
>>
>> MacMini ~ # /etc/init.d/ntpd status
>>  * status:  started
>>
>>   I think I'll look at uninstalling MythWeb and then reinstalling it.
>
> It's possible that this is cached.  You can try clearing cached
> sessions from the database if you like:
>
> $ mysql -v -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -e 'DELETE FROM mythweb_sessions'
>
> (Keep in mind that a recent backup of your database is always
> recommended before executing SQL queries directly)
>
> --
> Joe Ripley
> vitaminjoe at gmail.com

Hi Joe,
   I appreciate the inputs but the command unfortunately didn't change anything.

MacMini ~ # mysql -v -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -e 'DELETE FROM
mythweb_sessions'
--------------
DELETE FROM mythweb_sessions
--------------

MacMini ~ #

   It's very strange. The Listings page has 3 places it sows the date:

1) Top center - it appears to give the actual system time. This is
correct on my system.

2) Upper left - shows the time we are browsing in the listings
database. When I start MythWeb this value is correct and the listings
are for 'reigh now', which is again correct.

3) Upper right - Shows the point we want to jump to. When I start
MythWeb the time portion of the date is correct, but the year portion
shows Friday Sept. 22, 2000, not Tuesday Sept. 22, 2009. So it sort of
knows the date - at least day of the month, but then it calls the
calendar lookup and gets the day wrong.

   Very strange!

Thanks,
Mark