[mythtv-users] Planning on adding pvr500 to BE w/2x150's already, any issues to consider?

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Tue Sep 22 15:21:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:

> Just curious if there may be any hardware concerns to take into account or
> be wary of (signal strength across 4 tuners, etc.).
>
> My BE is a P4 3.4ghzEE, 1.2gb ram, 500gb SATA+40gb IDE. Just checking to be
> sure.
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Bob,

  I was running a PVR-500, PVR-250, HD-3000 and HD-5500 on a Dual-PII 866
with 512MB ram and 18GB SCSI system disk and dual 50GB SCSI video disks for
Videos.

  Granted, that was a few years ago, and on Fedora 4, but since the Analog
cards are hardware encoders, I don't see any issues with adding a PVR-500 to
your existing system.  (You might need to add an amplifier - but perhaps not
with a cable TV feed).  I was only using the S-Video inputs on my PVR
tuners, feeding them from Dish Network STBs.

J-e-f-f-A