[mythtv-users] Hosed Database?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:05:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I seem to have hosed my database by running the myth_rename script.  For
> example, I have lots of errors in mythbackend.log like the following:
>
> 2009-09-22 10:18:02.887 ProgramInfo, Error: GetPlaybackURL:
> 'Aquí_y_Ahora_-_2009-07-28,_10-00_PM_-_Untitled.mpg' should be local, but it
> can not be found.
> 2009-09-22 10:18:02.888 ERROR when trying to delete file:
> /GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/lorien/Aquí_y_Ahora_-_2009-07-28,_10-00_PM_-_Untitled.mpg.
> File doesn't exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.
>
> I believe I ran it like so:
> perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/mythrename.pl --underscores
> --verbose --replacement
>
> What is the recommended cleanup procedure?  Should I shutdown the backend,
> dump the database and start parsing through the SQL looking for invalid
> filenames and manually fix them in the appropriate table?
>
> I found old threads referencing CheckMythDB.pl and it reports my storage
> group is find.  In fact, if I cd into my storage directory, the named mpg is
> found.  I wonder if MythTV is having problems with the i since it has an
> accent on it (í).

When i accidentally did something like that (I typed mythrename.pl and
didn't know that by default it went ahead and renamed everything) I
figured out how to get it to rename the files back to the standard
naming scheme. Not sure if that helps but it sounds like you'll have
to figure out if there is a way to create a "map" from the name myth
is asking for and the name of the actual file. Then decide if you want
to update the database or rename the files.

Richard