[mythtv-users] Two new DVB-T channel in Hungary

Rune Evjen rune.evjen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:16:19 UTC 2009

2009/6/11 <Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com>

> -----Bánó Gábor wrote: -----
>
> >Hello! We got two new DVB-T channel in Hungary with H.264 / AAC
> >codec. The picture is perfect, but no sound! The mythtv (maybe
> >FFMPEG) can't detect the audio codec type and doesn't play it. I'm
> >recorded a short piece of broadcast and tried to play any kind of
> >media players. Totem couldn't play it. Xine,Kaffeine too. But the
> >Mplayer played it with sound! See:
> >

> >=====================================================================
> >=====
> >

> >Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
> >

> >Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
> >

> >=====================================================================
> >=====
> >

> >=====================================================================
> >=====
> >

> >Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
> >

> >Unsupported LATM configuration: 2 programs/ 57 subframes, 4 layers,
> >allstreams: 0
> >

> >FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
> >

> >AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 16000->192000)
> >

> >Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4
> >Audio))
> >

> >=====================================================================
> >=====
> >

> >AO: [oss] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
> >

> >Starting playback...
> >

> Hi.
>
> I am trying to get DVB-T to work with MythTV here in Norway which also uses H.264 and AAC.
>
> Is it necessary with any patches in order to scan and tune these channels in MythTV?
>
> scan finds all the channels when I run it and outputs a channels.conf that looks correct.
> tzap can successfully lock to the channels and makes the datastream available.
> If I pipe this datastream to mplayer svn as of yesterday it identifies the stream as mpeg2.
>
> If I try to import the channels.conf file into MythTV it will not find any channels, but the signal strength and quality bars indicate quite high values. Trying a full scan with the available frequencies gives the same result.
>
> I have tried this with both MythTV trunk r20409 and fixes. Also tried fixes with JYA's latest patch for VDPAU but still no luck.
>
> The DVB-T card I am using is a Hauppauge HVR-4000 by the way.
>
> I am using OpenSuse 11.0 so any Ubuntu binary packages is out of the question I guess.

I can sucessfully receive DVB-T RiksTV channels in Norway using the
latest myth trunk version. Some weeks ago there was no audio using
trunk, but the latest revisions also supports audio.

I scanned for the channels using Full Scan (tuned) using the
frequencies for the closest DVB-T transmitter.

I had the same problems with JYAs VDPAU patches, but after updating to
trunk this worked.

Best regards,

Rune