[mythtv-users] BBC HD recorded show length wrong in mythfrontend

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Sep 20 09:45:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, September 20, 2009 10:23 am, Robert wrote:
> belcampo wrote:
>> <snip>
>> A month ago I wrote this on the ffmpeg-user list
>>
>> BBCHD fps mis-interpretation
>>
>> It seems BBCHD streams from DVB-S have changed, it always was MBAFF
>> interlaced, now it is interpreted as 50fps
>> Stream #0.0[0x157c]: Video: h264, yuv420p, 1440x1080 [PAR 4:3 DAR
>> 16:9], 50 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
>>
>> Although mediainfo for the same file says:
>>
>> Frame rate                       : 25.000
>> Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
>> Frame count                      : 97582
>> Resolution                       : 24
>> Resolution                       : 24 bits
>> Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
>> Scan type                        : Interlaced
>> Scan type                        : Interlaced
>> Scan order                       : TFF
>> Scan order                       : Top Field First
>> Interlacement                    : TFF
> Ah, yes I remember seeing that when I was googling.
>
> So do you get the same problem with show length being double in MythTV?
>
> Do you know if there is any work in progress to fix it?
>
> Cheers,
> Robert.

Yes I think I get the first recording ended "pop-up" about exactly halfway
through the recording which makes sense with the information above.
Pressing rewind and then play lets it continue probably until 3/4's of the
recording have played and then again another couple of times until the
actual end of the recording.

So is this an issue with FFMPEG or is it something the BBC need to fix?

Dave K.