[mythtv-users] updated kernel, ivtv, v4l, now can't record

Dan Wilson dwilson at dslextreme.com
Sun Sep 20 07:05:23 UTC 2009

I am running CentOS 5.3 on a combined BE/FE with a PVR-500, which has
been working fine.

Tonight I did a yum update, which got me new kernel, new ivtv, and new
Video4linux, along with several other packages.

After installing and rebooting, I saw that ivtv hadn't been auto-loaded,
so I insmoded it.

Now I can't record or watch live tv.  When I try, the backend log
reports errors:
2009-09-19 23:54:37.177 MPEGRec(/dev/video32) Error: select timeout -
ivtv driver has stopped responding

Originally, I was using /dev/video0 and /dev/video1, but when I started
getting the problem, I went into mythtv-setup and deleted all my input
cards, then created new ones.
  I had the same problem, but saw that there were additional /dev/video*
devices, so I worked my way up trying the different devices, ending up
with /dev/video32 and /dev/video33.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Dan.