[mythtv-users] SVN trunk: frontend thinks DB schema is old?

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 00:40:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/20 Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>:
>> For some reason my frontend thinks that the DB schema is old and tries
>> to upgrade it every time it starts. Here is the log when it starts up:
> [snip]
>> It then brings up a window asking to upgrade or exit, and I always
>> select exit and it continues into the frontend, but I can't go into
>> MythVideo.
>>
>> Anyone have any idea what is going on?
>
> The DB it's trying to use is the one for mythvideo ; so it's not
> related to your backend.

Maybe the message should say that it is the MythVideo DB that is old?
I got a little freaked out thinking that it was going to do something
bad to my schema.

This time I said upgrade, and it when it finished, it said:

2009-09-19 20:34:41.064 Upgraded to MythVideo schema version 1028

Which is perfect, if the previous message said that, I wouldn't have
been so concerned.

> You have permissions issues on your machine to start with. It is
> unable to perform a backup.
> You've setup a storage group for backup, but you have:
> '/xxx/db-backup' does not exist!

Permissions seem fine:

[mythtv at xxx db-backup]$ pwd
/xxx/db-backup
[mythtv at xxx db-backup]$ touch test
[mythtv at xxx db-backup]$ rm test
[mythtv at xxx db-backup]$ touch test
[mythtv at xxx db-backup]$ ls -l
-rw-rw-r-- 1 33 65534        0 2009-09-05 15:38 test
[mythtv at xxx db-backup]$ rm test

And it did create a backup file:

[mythtv at xxx~]$ ls -l /xxx/db-backup/
-rw-rw-r-- 1 33 65534 10057341 2009-09-05 15:41
mythconverg-1244-20090919203347.sql.gz

Not sure why it is saying it didn't.

Anyway, things are working again, thanks!

Tom