[mythtv-users] 9400GT PCI - No Overscan - Odd!

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 20:10:20 UTC 2009

> Overscan is an S-Video thing.

Curious, why do you say that? Overscan existed every since TV was
invented. My curent CRT overscans the input straight from analog
cable. So I actually see more with my PVR-150 recordings than I do
with regular TV because I have mythtv set up to scale things. I have
overscan problems over component also. Some people even have overscan
with HDTV LCDs with HDMI inputs. Overscan is a property usually of the
TV and sometimes of the video card or device driving it. I haven't
seen it generally associated with S-video or any other particular
connector.