[mythtv-users] Mythweb - webserver, scanning collection removes meta-data

Keith Richie disturbed1976 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:43:40 UTC 2009

Using trunk r21939, though this happened in previous releases as well.

Using mythweb (the web server ;) ), click on the Video option to
browse your video collection, it does not show my complete video
collection. All of my frontends do show the video collection (2 stand
alone remote front ends, and one backend/frontend). Using storage
groups.

My storage group is set up in this manner -
/mnt/Movies

/mnt/Movies holds all full length Movies - none of these are shown with mythweb.

Inside /mnt/Movies are directories that hold TV shows, setup in this manner -

/mnt/Movies/Eureka/Season1/01x01.avi
------------
/mnt/Movies/Eureka/Season1/01x21.avi

/mnt/Movies/House/Season4/01x01.avi
-----
/mnt/Movies/House/Season4/01x11.avi

You get the picture ;)

All of the TV show episodes are displayed. If I click scan collection
with Mythweb - it wipes out all metadata for the movies, but leaves
the metadata for the TV seasons untouched. It doesn't delete the
covers (thank $DEITY!!). After scanning the collection with Mythweb,
only the TV seasons are still displayed.