[mythtv-users] Arrow keys and menus

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 18 18:52:43 UTC 2009

On 09/18/2009 02:16 PM, Richard Parvass wrote:
> From: robert.mcnamara
>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Richard Parvass wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for that. Most disappointing. I now have to go hunting for other keys
>>> to do the simplest things like play from the beginning.
>> Pressing the MENU keybinding will still bring up the context menu just
>> as it always has (M by default).
> Indeed, but arrow keys and Enter/Escape are easy to find in the dark. The M key or I key is not.

In 0.21-fixes with Arrow key accelerators enabled, hitting Right on a
recording would play from the bookmark (or the beginning if no bookmark
is set).  Hitting SELECT (Enter/Space) when a recording is selected--in
/both/ 0.21-fixes /and/ trunk--plays the recording from the bookmark (or
the beginning if no bookmark is set).  Therefore, since you can find
Enter easily in the dark, all is good--once you get rid of the old
muscle memory.

The only way--even in 0.21-fixes--to play from the beginning when a
bookmark was set was to use the INFO menu.

Mike