[mythtv-users] How do I get coverart/etc in watch recordings?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Sep 17 02:55:10 UTC 2009

    > Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:31:23 +1000
    > From: Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>

    > I used the mounted option described in the wiki, and timed some
    > transfer, it went from 60MB/s to 55MB/s ; so not that much difference.

That's good to hear.  Presumably, the NFS parameters in my test don't
exactly match yours, and no doubt you're running a newer kernel.  For
the sake of the archives (since "the wiki" might change in the future
and someone reading your message can't possibly know what those values
were right now), can you relate the exact /etc/fstab and /etc/exports
values you were using on each end, and your kernel version?  Thanks!

And you're sure this was options on client, and client push, right?
It might also be interesting to see if noac is different from actimeo=0.

(For my tests, I could see the change in behavior just by doing
  mount remount -o actimeo=1 server:/foo /foo
on the client while pushing to the server; changing options
mid-transfer and looking at the rate of growth of the file showed I
could nail or fix performance by a factor of 50 just by flipping back
and forth on the mount as the transfer was in progress.)

At some point, I may see if I can narrow down some pathological set
of NFS options that cause noac/actimeo=0 to behave so badly for me;
that won't be today, though.