[mythtv-users] Lost my OS hard drive (also ran)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 15 20:29:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:44 PM, James Crow <james at ultratans.com> wrote:
>  I need to pay better attention to where I store my backups.
> They do no good if stored on the same physical drive as the source.

I'd recommend storing the backup on a completely different computer,
if practical.

If you have two machines with significant local storage space, it's
not hard to have them rsync to each other.

There are some nice easily customizable scripts at this site to help
set this up:

http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/rlbackup/

You can use rsync's --link-dest option to efficiently store many
snapshots in time of another system.

Eric