[mythtv-users] channel change script works only from command line

Tom Rogers trnitzjunk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:00:24 UTC 2009

I have a change channel script (/usr/loca/bin/change_channel.sh) that works
from the command line, but not from MythTV.

If I enter 'change_channel.sh 032' from the command line, the channel gets
changed to channel 32.

In the MythTV setup, under Input Connections, for a (Comcast Digital in my
case) connection, I've entered 'change_channel.sh' and tried
'/usr/local/bin/change_channel.sh', but still run into problems.

The channel, as far as MythTV is concerned, was changed, the IR blaster
flashes correctly, but the channel isn't changed.

Only weird thing I have noticed is that, when done from the command line,
the channel numbers entered are displayed in the top center of the screen
(same as when I use the Comcast remote), but when done from MythTV, they are
displayed in the lower left hand side of the screen, in a different font
(which I believe is MythTV).

Anyone got any ideas? (I'm out of them myself).