[mythtv-users] Seattle Times: Comcast to encrypt basic cable QAM channels

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Tue Sep 15 13:05:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>> Being proactive here may be better than being reactive.
>>
>> Comcast has this link on their web site:
>>
>> Do you have feedback?
>> We want to hear your feedback!  E-mail Rick.
>> http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx
>>
>> Let them know that clear QAM is important before they take it away.
>>
>> Eric
>
> Feedback sent!
>
>      --Matt

Here is the response from Comcast (I'm outside Philadelphia).

=============
Dear Mr. Mossholder,

Thank you for contacting the Comcast Office of Rick Germano, Senior Vice
President of Customer Operations regarding the removal of Clear QAM
services.

Mr. Mossholder, we thank you for taking the time to provide us with your
request to leave the Clear QAM delivery system as is. I wanted to let
you know that I have forwarded your suggestion to the appropriate
management team for further review and action. We appreciate your
interest in making Comcast the best entertainment value possible.

Should you have any further questions or concerns regarding your Comcast
service, support, or statement information, please reply directly to
this email and either myself or another member of the Rick Germano team
will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thank you again for your email Mr. Mossholder, and I appreciate that you
have provided me with this opportunity to assist you.  We very much
appreciate your business and please do not hesitate to contact us again
in the future should you need to.

Thank you for choosing Comcast.

Sincerely,
Holly Taylor