[mythtv-users] Notification of conflicts

Andrew Allison andrew.allison at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:11:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 07:43 -0700, Steve Heistand wrote:
> Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>, said on Sun Sep 13, 2009 [03:21:17 PM]:
> } Hi,
> }
> } Now the Mythbox has come into very regular use with the other half,
> } the number of programmes being recorded has trebled and so we're now
> } getting conflicts.
> }
> } Is there a script, plugin or option for Myth that notifies you (via
> } email?) of a conflict. This app could be triggered on each new
> } recording schedule modification / schedule update so that you're
> } notified each time the scheduling information changes, or on a crontab
> } task.
> }
> } A simple email with links into mythweb to show the conflict issue
> } would be nice; but a notification that there are conflicts to review
> } would be sufficient.
> }
> } If it doesn't exist I would be interested in writing something like
> } this however; Although it shouldnt be too hard to create something
> } like this in php or python I know the scheduling engine is quite
> } complex so I doubt a simple SQL query would be sufficient.
> }
> } So does this sort of thing already exist?
> }
> } thanks
> }
> } Rich
> } _______________________________________________
>

> I run this once a day from cron:
>
> #!/bin/csh
>
> set result=`/usr/local/src/myth_trunk/mythtv/contrib/info/misc_status_info/myth_upcoming_recordings.pl --recordings -1 --no_show_scheduled --plain_text --heading '<h3>Recording Conflicts</h3>' `
> #                           --no_conflicts_message 'No\n' `
>
> if ( "$result" != "No conflicts." ) then
>   echo "$result" | Mail -s "Mythtv recording conflict" heistand >& /dev/null
> endif

This got me to thinking.

I've dug out one of my old script files and come up with this.
Problem is I can't get the report into the message body,so I've had to
stick into the subject line.

Can anybody spot what I've done wrong to get the report into the message
body.

I've sanitized the user name and email domains and echo (echo "HELO is
one continuous line.

!/bin/bash
result=`/usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/misc_status_info/myth_upcoming_recordings.pl --recordings -1 --no_show_scheduled --plain_text --heading '<h3>Recording Conflicts</h3>'`

if [ "$result" != "No conflicts." ]
then
    echo "Conflict"
    rm /home/mythtv/conflict.report
#
    echo -n "Date:" > /home/mythtv/conflict.report
    /bin/date >> /home/mythtv/conflict.report
    echo "From:user at domain.com" >> /home/mythtv/conflict.report
    echo "To:user at domain.com"   >> /home/mythtv/conflict.report
    echo -n "Subject:Mythtv Conflict"  >> /home/mythtv/conflict.report
    echo $result >> /home/mythtv/conflict.report
    (echo "HELO domain.com"; sleep 2; echo "MAIL From:user at domain.com";
sleep 2; echo "RCPT To:user at domain.com"; sleep 2; echo "DATA"; sleep
2; /bin/cat /home/mythtv/conflict.report; sleep 2; echo "."; sleep 2;
echo "QUIT"; sleep 2; ) | telnet smtp.domain.com 25
fi

~