[mythtv-users] US Open Tennis - Dynamic Scheduling Request

spectro spectro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:51:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org> wrote:

> It is not all that uncommon for shows like 60 Minutes to run late due to
> some sports event or worse miss the end of a good tennis match which ran
> beyond the scheduled time. What was it 2 days ago I missed the end of a
> Nadal match and in the early rounds missed the end of a Federor match.
> Today 60 Minutes is 20-25 minutes late and the entire episode will be
> broadcast and if I don't manually extend the time I will miss 20-25 minutes
> of the program.
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck

I found out 60 minutes always starts late in football season so my
schedule for it extends for an extra hour. Actually is more like
football games always last 15-30 mins longer than what tv stations
schedule.

Live events can be unpredictable, all my live sports recordings have
at least 60 mins extra time and in the case of this weekend I just
stayed on top of the ball changing/adding to the schedule and I didn't
miss a point from the US Open. Not optimal solution but it didn't take
that much time (about 10 mins every day)

Maybe we could use something like twitter to push/pull last minute
schedule updates.... hmmm