[mythtv-users] fanart question

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 20:20:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM, freedenizen <freedenizen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> So I've been enjoying the new themes, but kinda frustrated with the
> ~1-2 second delay is loading fanart and the like.  Currently all the
> art is stored in an nfs shared folder on my BE, what are other people
> doing?  Storing it on the BE, and then doing an rsync periodically to
> update local copies on the FE?

The delay is less in getting it off the network and more in scaling
it/caching it locally.  Once it's in your local cache it will be
near-instantaneous (ie, any time after the first load after switching
to a particular theme).  Even if you store the fanart locally, there
will still be a noticeable delay in loading it the first time because
it still gets put in the theme cache.  This is likely to just be a
fact of life for this release, with improvements coming next release.

Robert