[mythtv-users] First mythbuntu install

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Sep 13 00:17:52 UTC 2009

William wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> I'm building a carputer with myth on it.  For this install, as it's
>> going to be pretty much a setup-and-forget, I went with ubuntu + myth.
>>
>> I've got everything running, except that I don't see any way to add
>> videos.  I've never run across this before, but then I'm running
>> self-compiled trunk.
>>
>> Can some kind mythbuntu guru tell me what I need to install or
>> configure?  There just isn't any way to play videos, and there
>> doesn't appear to be a place in the config to tell it where to find
>> videos.
>>
>> ??
>>
>> --Yan
>>
> If you want set and forget I would suggest forgetting about running
> trunk. Its not ready for production use yet. And yes, the videos
> support has changed. Try pressing m for menu and select scan for new
> files.

Sorry guys, I was incoherent.  I "normally" run trunk, but on this
particular system I went with mythbuntu as I wanted it to be
set-and-forget.

I figured my issue out; for some reason the mythvideo plugin was not
installed although the docs say it should be there by default.  And I
kept wanting to add a dash in there - myth-video - so it wasn't coming
up in the repository.

As usual, problem was between chair and keyboard.

--Yan

--

   o__