[mythtv-users] Auto Transcoding Not Working

bit maelstrom dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 23:58:10 UTC 2009

I've got a MythTV system that I've been using in earnest for a few months
(and just adding more and more disk space) and I thought I should transcode
some of the files to save space.
So I found a setting that's reasonable, and turned the option to
auto-transcode on. But my stuff wasn't auto-transcoding. So, I sort of
figured that the rules I set up before hand wouldn't have been affected by
my change, so I went through and modified those old rules. Still no
auto-transcoding.

I've even set up new rules, and they say they're going to transcode in the
post-recording processing section, but they're not. (How should this look,
by the way? Do they end up with two queued jobs, one for commercial flagging
and another for transcoding?)

Thoughts?

===Blake===