[mythtv-users] Mpeg files produced by MythTV using a PVR-150 or PVR-500, anything special about them?

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Fri Sep 11 21:42:01 UTC 2009

Hi Mark!

Mark Wormgoor wrote:
> Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>
>> Hi!

You were right, it is indeed the VBI that was making these Mpeg files essentially
unseekable... I can now play them back without problem on VLC and on my PS3...

I wonder where the problem lies, in the way the VBI is embedded in the Mpeg files or
in the media players though, anybody knows?

>> Thank you Mark! To deactivate VBI do I only need to set the VBI format
>> to "none"?
>>
  > It's in mythtv-setup (on the system where your encoder cards are), under
> General.

Yep, that's indeed the setting I played with though I wasn't sure if there was
anything else to unset...

> At the time I used mplayer to do some mpeg to mpeg lossless transcode. It will
give > you lots of errors about the file, but the resulting file is a valid mpeg2 file,
> which plays everywhere.

Thank you!

Have a nice day!

Nick