[mythtv-users] OT: When is Rogers killing analog cable

Dennis Cartier dennis.cartier at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:01:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:

>  I've heard the Rogers will be killing off analog cable in Ontario
> (Canada) soon - whenever soon is.  This will relegate my myth box to little
> more than an external digital VCR.
>
> Anyone know when this is coming?  I know you can't but analog only packages
> anymore (must have a digital tuner)...

Depending on your situation, if you are in a position to either use an
antenna indoors, or install an outdoor antenna, I highly recommend the HD
Homerun devices for over the air HD TV recording. I am located in Brampton
and receive 15 HD channels with nothing more than an antenna (and
aforementioned Homerun tuners).

How feasible this is would of course depend on your distance from HD
broadcasting locations (Toronto/Buffalo/Detroit/etc.).

Dennis