[mythtv-users] Cost of running devices 24/7

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:56:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM, jansenj<jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. Pay to use sharing services.  I haven't found any free services that
> offer unlimited storage for this media, and yet allow others to download
> full res content.  Currently I use google picasaweb due to its easy
> integration with picasa, but I'm constantly having to cycle through and
> delete albums due to a 1GB limit.

With regards to photo sharing, I've been a long time subscriber to
Flickr and the $25/yr is very inexpensive to me to have a place to
store unlimited photos in high resolution sizes.  For a little more,
smugmug gives you even more control options over how your content
looks.  Flickr at least integrates superbly with Windows Live Photo
Gallery which also works very well for sharing photos on the LAN
because it stores nothing in a computer specific database so that I
can tag, rate, and otherwise modify my photos and all my machines on
the LAN can see that metadata.  I could not do this prior when using
Picasa.

Kevin