[mythtv-users] DVB-S : no lock

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Sep 10 11:47:50 UTC 2009

Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:

>> http://gentoo-portage.com/media-tv/v4l-dvb-hg/ChangeLog#ptabs
>
> I will test these drivers tomorrow and see if they fix my locking-problem.

Hmm, I don't get it ...

I tested the drivers from the mentioned ebuild.
Rebuilt my kernel (after backing up my .config etc) without v4l,
rebooted, emerged these drivers and got them running.

btw they show the same version as the in-kernel-drivers (at least for my
card).

They did not solve my locking-problem so I decided to roll back.

Removed the package, the v4l-modules from /lib/modules, rebuilt my old
kernel-config, installed the kernel and modules, with the patched file
for the DVB-frontend, booted ...

The two cards show up again, I am able to get locks on both adapters
again, tested with szap.

4 encoders visible in mythtv.

For sure I immediately tested to record 4 channels in parallel.

And now I get the behavior that mythtv records 2 programs and when I
trigger the third recording via mythfrontend it simply doesn't start, it
just shows up as a conflict.

No tuning-problems in the logs, btw.

It simply says that it doesn't record program 3 because there are other
scheduled programs with higher priorities and lists the two already
running recordings.

Trying to reactivate recording 3 doesn't change a thing.

What could cause this? I know for sure that with the same kernel (I even
restored the exactly same kernel-file, initrd etc) and driver recording
on more than 2 encoders in parallel worked fine for the last few days.

I am really scratching my head ...

Stefan