[mythtv-users] HD-PVR CPU and VPDAU issue

ozdror at adelphia.net ozdror at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 9 17:14:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have 2 systems.

1. 2.4ghz core 2 duo, nvidia GE7800gtx 2gb (ubuntu 9.04) Nvidia driver 180.44
2. 2.4ghz core 2 quad, nvidia GE 8600gts 4gb (ubuntu 9.04) Nvidia
driver 180.44

When I do not use VPDAU both system (that are not considered to be low end)
Can hardly keep up with the CPU demand. The images are jumpy every few
seconds to minutes. CPU usage is
close to 100%. on all the drivers.

When I use VPDAU on system 2 I get a white shadow when there is fast movement.

Is there any setup thing that I am missing. I particular the VPDAU is
disappointing with the white shadow.
Do I need to use more recent driver for the NVIDIA cards.

-Thanks

Oz